Southern California’s Leading
Technology Startup Incubator
Technology Startup Incubator
The deadline for our Summer 2018 application round is May 30th, 2018.
Have Questions? Learn more here.
- Sign up for one of our monthly tours. Inquire about upcoming dates: email@example.com
- Click here to see a sample application
- See what the San Diego Union-Tribune has to say about EvoNexus
Are you a fit for EvoNexus?
- Stage: Post idea-stage with a working prototype/demo
- Market: Solving a big problem, in a large market with a unique technology solution
- Technology/Product: Innovative with a clear competitive advantage
- Team: >1FT Founder, domain and/or startup expertise is advantageous
- Finance: Typically pre-Seed to pre-Series A, with the ability to support yourself working full-time on the venture during the program
Why Should I Apply to EvoNexus?
Our proven track record of supporting both first-time and serial entrepreneurs
Unlike typical 4-month accelerator programs, EvoNexus startups enjoy longer incubation periods (avg. 1-2 years)
Our volunteer network of CEOs, investors, corporate executives and entrepreneurs committed to mentoring
Access to capital through strategic alliances, an expansive angel network, and traditional venture capital
- Tailored portfolio management: every startup has its own milestones and timeframe for incubation
- Mentors: matched based on domain expertise, with on-site availability for office hours and strategy sessions
- Topic-based workshops to help enhance and expand your business skills
- Events to connect you with technologists and investors in Southern California
- Learn more about the program benefits
Application: Startups apply through an online portal.
Scoring: Applicants are vetted by our EvoNexus Selection Committee, a group of technology executives and entrepreneurs with a wide range of domain expertise. Scoring categories include:
- Market (Size, growth presence of competitors; Clarity of market focus; Market need and/or acceptance)
- Technology/Product/Service Offering (Innovation / transformational nature of the technology; Business model; Sustainable competitive advantage; Product development risk; Ability to meet project milestones; Feasibility of the technology plan; IP situation)
- Organization (Quality of management team; Domain experience / strength; Ability to attract full management team, BOD, BOA)
- Financials (Ability to support itself while in incubator; Time to revenue; Ability to attract capital: angel/institutional; Sustainability outside incubator on exit)
Face to Face: Selected companies present to the EvoNexus Selection Committee. This is an opportunity for the Committee to meet teams in person and ask questions. Selected companies advance to Due Diligence.
Due Diligence: Committee Members with expertise in your industry do a “deep dive” into your company and provide a forum for you to explain your startup and technology in further detail. From here, companies will be notified of admittance.