Southern California’s Leading
Technology Startup Incubator
Technology Startup Incubator
The deadline for our Summer 2018 application round is May 30th, 2018.
|Since 2009 EvoNexus has been the driving force in helping startups in Southern California and is the largest non-profit incubator in the region. ~80% of the 186 startups that have graduated from EvoNexus are still in business and have raised over $1.3B in funding and outcomes (view our track record). EvoNexus continues to evolve to better fulfill its mission of launching promising companies by adding more layers of assistance to the startup ecosystem.|
|In order to achieve its vision, EvoNexus is asking for an equity contribution from the admitted startups ranging from 1% to 5%. The amount will be determined during the due diligence phase of admission based on several criteria including: the life stage of the company and funding raised prior to entry and the duration in the incubator. EvoNexus will continue to remain a non-profit organization and all outcomes from the equity provided will be targeted to support the EvoNexus core mission of developing successful companies for the SoCal region.|
Have Questions? Learn more here.
- Sign up for one of our monthly info sessions. Inquire about upcoming dates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to see a sample application
- See what the San Diego Union-Tribune has to say about EvoNexus
Are you a fit for EvoNexus?
- Stage: Post idea-stage with a working prototype/demo
- Market: Solving a big problem, in a large market with a unique technology solution
- Technology/Product: Innovative with a clear competitive advantage
- Team: At least 2 full-time founders, domain and/or startup expertise is advantageous
- Finance: Typically pre-Seed to pre-Series A, with the ability to support yourself working full-time on the venture during the program
- Tailored portfolio management: every startup has its own milestones and timeframe for incubation
- Mentors: matched based on domain expertise, with on-site availability for office hours and strategy sessions
- Strategic and capital introductions when you’re startup is ready
- Topic-based workshops to help enhance and expand your business skills
- Events to connect you with technologists and investors in Southern California
- Learn more about the program benefits
Application: Startups apply through an online portal.
Scoring: Applicants are vetted by our EvoNexus Selection Committee, a group of technology executives and entrepreneurs with a wide range of domain expertise. Scoring categories include:
- Market (Size, growth presence of competitors; Clarity of market focus; Market need and/or acceptance)
- Technology/Product/Service Offering (Innovation / transformational nature of the technology; Business model; Sustainable competitive advantage; Product development risk; Ability to meet project milestones; Feasibility of the technology plan; IP situation)
- Organization (Quality of management team; Domain experience / strength; Ability to attract full management team, BOD, BOA)
- Financials (Ability to support itself while in incubator; Time to revenue; Ability to attract capital: angel/institutional; Sustainability outside incubator on exit)
Face to Face: Selected companies present to the EvoNexus Selection Committee. This is an opportunity for the Committee to meet teams in person and ask questions. Selected companies advance to Due Diligence.
Due Diligence: Committee Members with expertise in your industry do a “deep dive” into your company and provide a forum for you to explain your startup and technology in further detail. From here, companies will be notified of admittance.