- This event has passed.
CONNECT Nearsourcing Initiative presents: Managing Sourcing Successfully
April 22, 2014
Faced with managing a business relationship with your outsourcing partner but don’t know how to ensure it will be successful for both sides? Want to know what best practices to follow to ensure IP protection while at the same time meeting the overall goals of your outsourced project?
Establishing and maintaining a rewarding collaboration with supply chain contracting firms can be challenging but being prepared and following some initial key steps will set the stage for a win-win business partnership. Hear for yourself as this panel of industry leaders from Clarity Design, Fallbrook Engineering, MicroPower Technologies and Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton tackle the ins and outs of this crucial alliance, provide insights on what to consider, and share lessons learned along the way.
What You Will Learn:
– What are the different types of contract agreements and structures available; how and when to use each one
– Issues to consider, including responsibilities of client versus contract provider; how to manage one’s expectations; how to hold each other accountable
– Defining metrics of success; why communication and trust are key
Who Should Attend:
– CEOs and business leaders from all industry sectors who are interested in establishing successful business relationships with their supply chain partners
– Senior representatives from companies who are looking to keep an effective supply chain as well as flexibility, responsiveness and adaptability to a changing marketplace
– Innovators looking to minimize the high costs of building infrastructure and interested in getting to market quickly
Participating in this workshop will be:
Bill Atkinson, Vice President; Fallbrook Engineering, Inc.
Tom Lupfer, President; Clarity Design, Inc.
Michael Orlando, Partner; Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
Aaron Tankersley, President & CEO; MicroPower Technologies, Inc.
The April workshop is the fourth in a series of 6 newly-designed Nearsourcing Workshops which focus on educating entrepreneurs on the benefits of contracting with local sourcing partners: shortened supply chain, accelerated time to market, increased quality and innovation.
Event Address: Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
12275 El Camino Real, Suite 200
Del Mar, California 92130