San Diego Incubator
Title: Events & Marketing Coordinator
Location: On-site, San Diego, California
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Events and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for administering and overseeing the general business operations of multiple EvoNexus event types: Special Interest Groups (SIG), Headliners, Demo Days, and on-site special events with sister organizations such as Connect, SDCCOE, Clean Tech San Diego, and Athena. Exercises independent judgment and discretion regarding all aspects of these events including proposal of content, speakers, appropriate venue and vendor relations, developing/writing of marketing material and assists with securing sponsorships.
EvoNexus strives to be the world’s best technology incubator empowering motivated entrepreneurs to turn their transformative ideas into fundable, commercially-viable companies.
EvoNexus is a not-for-profit 501(c)6 organization founded in 2008, by Co-Founders Rory Moore and Admiral Walter Davis. With locations in San Diego and San Mateo, Our unique incubation program attracts applications from early-stage technology ventures across the globe seeking to benefit from EvoNexus’ strategic advisors and capital connections. EvoNexus is financially supported by our corporate partners who are some of the largest multinational technology corporations in the world. Their financial and strategic support enables us to perpetuate our low-equity, not-for-profit incubation model.
Nationally and internationally renowned keynote speakers and panelists that features topics on current industry trends and technology road maps. Headliner programs have been traditionally held at the Qualcomm Jacob’s Auditorium.
Special Interest Groups(SIGs)
SIGs are panel events that are comprised over a dozen vertical technology sectors. They are in a setting that allows for more intimate interaction and networking. SIG events are often hosted by EvoNexus corporate partners such as the law firms that sponsor the organization. Additionally, SIG events will be conducted on-site at the EvoNexus facility.
Twice per year EvoNexus presents to investors and corporate partners startups in the portfolio to showcase their development and products entering the market. Given the large audience turnout for this event, this program has been traditionally held at the Qualcomm Jacob’s auditorium.
Hosting Sister Organization Programs
Many of the other non-profit organizations involved with early stage innovation operate virtually and do not have a permanent venue for their own programs. EvoNexus will provide these organizations a venue for their own meetup groups and/or special presentations of industry experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with EvoNexus staff and volunteers to plan and secure panelists and participants from technology company and service provider partners.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion regarding all marketing as it relates to the program, including developing methods to advertise the program with other organizations, venture capital firms, and news agencies.
- Manages onsite event execution including set up, registration, and break down.
- Actively learns about current tech trends and grows to understand the industries as a whole to contribute to SIG and Headliner content creation.
- Increases and Improves the Special Interest Groups and Headliner program’s visibility and quality.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience
- Experience – Minimum 1 year experience in program management
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office Productivity software and Apple computers.
- Flexibility – Must be available to execute programs in early morning and evening hours.
- Excellent communication skills – Must be able to speak confidently and communicate effectively with all levels of people in the workplace in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Full Time Position: 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday – Evening and Early Morning Hours will sometimes be required for events
Salary + Full Benefits (Healthcare, Dental, Vision, PTO)
EvoNexus San Diego Location: 5015 Shoreham Place, San Diego, CA 92122
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume to EvoNexus Program Manager and Executive Assistant to the CEO, Brittany Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.