Executive Assistant to the CEO & Board Liaison
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Provides high-level administrative support to the CEO and assists with all responsibilities of the CEO role. Duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based. Responsibilities include all scheduling, meeting preparation, managing CEO’s communications to include email and voicemail that must be monitored every day (weekends as well due to executives on travel around the globe in various time zones). Board of Director liaison work is especially critical. Many of the directors have executive level operational roles at public companies thus a close working relationship with their respective executive assistants is a must. Additional responsibilities include the coordination of Board of Directors meetings, retreats and some special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Support CEO and all responsibilities of the CEO
● Coordinate CEO’s calendars and schedules; set meeting appointments, conference calls and handle preparation of materials or background information for all meetings and presentations including, but not limited to: EvoNexus tour itineraries, PowerPoint presentations and sponsorship case studies
● Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
● Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions
● Coordinate CEO’s schedule with the needs of other EvoNexus staff and managers
● Maintain relationship with all Board of Directors, Advisors and their executive assistants
● Coordination of EvoNexus Board of Director Meetings and retreats
● Coordination of special events, as needed
● Coordination of all office travel itineraries
● Maintain confidentiality on all organization matters as well as CEO’s personal and confidential matters
● Assist EvoNexus Controller with sponsor relations and fundraising as it relates to CEO’s duties
● Keep track of and prioritize CEO’s action items
● Maintain a high-level and strategic understanding of the organization at large Minimum
● Detail Oriented and Intuitive, with the ability to multi-task
● Eagerness and willingness to learn about the technology industry and startup ecosystem
● Strong analytical capabilities
● Exhibits a high-level of professionalism and passion to understand the industry
● Self-starter who takes initiative
● Committed, organized and responsible
● Energetic with a solid work ethic
● Passionate about the opportunity to contribute
● Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Reliable transportation
● Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) and/or 3+ years related experience
● Available to start immediately
● Available to work full time
● Specific days and hours are flexible within our normal office schedule of 8:30-5:30 Mon.-Fri. Attendance at after hours events will be required
Salary: $38,000-45,000 starting, DOE
Benefits: Full benefits (health, vision, dental) plus driving stipend, phone and travel expenses covered
About EvoNexus – www.evonexus.org
EvoNexus is a non-profit technology incubator and ground zero for Southern California’s startup community with locations in San Diego and Irvine. We empower motivated entrepreneurs to turn their transformative ideas into fundable, commercially-viable companies. EvoNexus leverages community resources to provide what entrepreneurs need, without requiring them to surrender equity. In addition to the incubator, EvoNexus delivers the following, content-driven programs to the technology industry in the Southern California region.
MarketLink connects tech industry giants with emerging technology companies across the globe. Selected companies will meet with top executives in an hour-long, 1 on 1 setting to discuss potential partnership opportunities. This comes at NO COST to the applicant.
Nationally and internationally renowned keynote speakers and panelists that features topics on current industry trends and technology road maps.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
SIGs are panel events that are comprised over a dozen vertical technology sectors. They are in a setting that allows for more intimate interaction and networking.
Please contact Danielle Tavshanjian: email@example.com if interested.