Viasat Investments With EvoNexus Startups
Even after 30 years, Viasat’s three founders continue to promote an entrepreneurial culture within Viasat, evident in how we apply our core technologies across a number of varied business areas. As a strategic funding partner, Viasat’s goal is to help expand the local technology ecosystem as well as build relationships with exciting young companies.
Viasat is most interested in companies with an emphasis on the following areas:
- Communications & Signal Processing
- Computer Networking
- Software-Defined Networks / Network Function Virtualization / Cloud Computing
- Big data/Analytics/Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Media Services & Internet Browsing
- Connected Environments (IoT, Smart Home)
- Internet on Mobile Platforms (Airline, Maritime, Connected Car)
- Internet Service Worldwide (Policy, Culture, Technology)
ViaSat keeps the world connected. As a global broadband services and technology company, we ensure consumers, businesses, governments, and military personnel have communications access— anywhere—whether on the ground or in-flight. Our innovations in designing the highest-capacity satellites and secure ground infrastructure and terminal technologies coupled with our worldwide network of managed Wi-Fi hotspots enable us to deliver the best available network that extends the reach and accessibility of broadband internet service, globally.
Based in Carlsbad, California, Viasat employs more than 4,000 team members around the world dedicated to doing what others view as impossible. Follow the company’s future at viasat.com.
Viasat thinks big, we act intelligently
and we’re not done…we’re just beginning.