Our BoardCommNexus is a non-profit organization that is member supported. We rely on the sponsorship of industry companies, along with the participation of individuals from our community, to assist us in helping the San Diego technology community. Our Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from our sponsor companies and industry advisors.
At the heart of EvoNexus is a driven team working tirelessly to ensure EvoNexus provides startups with the support and opportunities needed to prosper and pioneer the future of technology.
Steve Hoey is a Portfolio Manager of technology startup companies incubating at EvoNexus. Steve has extensive experience working with tech startups through CONNECT, a well-established tech accelerator in San Diego where he was exposed to a variety of fintech startups with technology and commercialization strategies in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Mobile Payments
- Digital Cash
- Predictive Behavior Analytics
- Loyalty & Rewards
Prior to CONNECT, Steve served as a senior engagement manager for Oliver Wyman, a $2B global consulting company in the global financial services practice for 10 years in the US, Europe and Asia. While at Oliver Wyman he managed teams on the following engagements:
- Conducted portfolio risk management analysis and developed profitability-measurement framework (RAROC) for major European and US banks
- Payment systems operations optimization strategy for Union Bank of Switzerland
- Developed commercial banking large corporate customer profitability/risk framework and analysis for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) in Toronto
- Assessed sales force effectiveness and sales channel opportunities for one of the largest US insurance companies
- Developed European market strategy across 16 countries for US global investment bank across primary and secondary product market verticals
- Developed institutional investor strategy in Netherlands for Citibank Investment Bank’s international equities group
- Assessed Latin American private banking market opportunity and asset management competitor analysis for Deutsche Bank
- Developed Asian (Singapore / Hong Kong) institutional investor segment strategy for European global investment bank
He received his Ph.D. from UC San Diego. He received the M.Phil. in Management from Oxford University as a Marshall Scholar. He graduated Magna Cum Laude with Distinction as an undergraduate from Harvard University where he was a Research Assistant at the Harvard Business School.