Acclaimed as one of the COOLEST companies in San Diego by the San Diego Venture Group, LoanHero is an innovative, venture-backed, financial technology company with an experienced team, headquartered right here in San Diego. LoanHero’s disruptive lending platform solves a multi-billion dollar problem. Our mission is to provide the best financing option for the consumer, merchant, and lender at the point of sale. Our strategy allows LoanHero to offer the most competitive loan products available for all levels of credit, allowing us to be Heroes to the customers we serve. In just a short time, LoanHero’s concept has gained significant traction among investors and large nontraditional lenders as well as among merchants who have validated our business strategy. The company is poised to be the newest innovation merging marketplace lending and consumer finance.
LoanHero is looking for a strong UI lead engineer to join our platform software team and be a part of our rapid growth in the exciting FinTech industry.
The UI Lead owns the UI and the User Experience aspects of our technology platform. You will work closely with our product team leadership to translate the platform vision into a compelling, cutting-edge user experience that will differentiate our platform in the marketplace. You will be responsible for all stages of the software development life cycle as part of an agile team and will leverage the latest UI technologies such as AngularJS, responsive design, mobile-orientation integrated with our Restful back-end platform APIs to deliver a multi-modal platform experience to our customers. You will be our subject matter expert on all things UX related. We’re looking for some one who is passionate about UI and UX, who thrives in a collaborative startup environment and is excited about joining our team.
- Design, develop, test, and deliver full UI functionality for the platform
- Collaborate with IT and Product leadership in translating their next generation platform vision into a compelling user experience
- Integrate the UI with the platform back end (Restful JSON APIs) as well as with 3rd party APIs (lender workflows)
- Take leadership in adoption of leading edge UI technologies, test automation frameworks, and continuous integration principles.
- UI design for mobile form factors (tablets, smart phones); Support for multiple browsers
- Provide UI mentorship and technical direction to other software team members
- Be a subject matter expert on AngularJS and all UX aspects of the platform
- Ensure company, IT security and compliance standards are met
- Champion a culture of quality and be proactive in solving issues
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent degree.
- At least 2 years in web development
- Strong eye for design and UX
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 (including the latest selectors), SPA web development, Bootstrap and other front end technologies
- Ability to integrate with external APIs (JSON/XML) and services
- Ability to work with business and product leaders and thrive in a fast paced, cross-functional setting
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus
- Understanding of finance and lending industry is a plus
- Demonstrable experience in solving challenging problems and continuous improvement
- Exposure to leading edge methodologies such as TDD, Continuous Integration, automated test frameworks is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills