- This event has passed.
InterDigital MarketLink 2017
February 28, 2017
InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC) designs and develops advanced technologies that enable and enhance mobile communications and capabilities. The firm will be selecting early stage companies or individuals with innovative solutions that impact technical areas (shown below) for potential partnerships. Selected companies, groups or individuals will be provided with a private 1-hour meeting with InterDigital executives (shown below) in San Diego, CA.
InterDigital may consider providing up to $250,000 seed capital for selected applicants. InterDigital’s Innovation Partners program provides financing for companies, research institutes, and even individuals engaged in leading-edge research. The company’s in-house venture capital firm, NexStar Ventures, seeks to provide funding at an early-round VC level.
For over four decades, InterDigital has been a pioneer in mobile technology and a key contributor to global wireless standards. The company’s activities are organized around the concept of the “Living Network”: a future where intelligent networks self-optimize to deliver service that is tailored to the content, context and connectivity of the user, device or need.
There is no fee for this opportunity. Simply apply.
Who is InterDigital? Watch their Video on the Living Network to learn more.
InterDigital’s Areas of Interest
- Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning/Machine Learning based technologies and their application in:
- Sensor Systems/Sensor Fusion
- Natural Language Processing
- Object Recognition/Visual Search
- Gesture Recognition
- Facial Recognition
- Digital Assistant/Context Aware-Smart Devices
- Augmented Reality/Mixed Reality/Virtual Reality
- Advanced Handheld Display Technologies
- 5G Technologies Including:
- Mobile Edge Computing
- Software Defined Networking
- Network Function Virtualization
- Cloud-Radio Access Network
- Internet of Things Technologies including:
- Big Data Analysis
- Low-power Wide Area Networks
- Vertical Specialties
- Commercial Buildings
- Smart Cities
InterDigital MarketLink Executive Team
- B.K. Yi, CTO
- Scott McQuilkin, Senior Executive VP, Innovation
- Arty Chandra, Senior Director, IoT Solutions
- John Kaewell, Senior Director, CTO Office
- Ketan Patel, Managing Director, Nexstar Ventures
- Serhad Doken, Vice President, Innovation Partners
- Louis Kerofsky, Director, Partner Development
- Matt Shaw, VP Deputy General Counsel
- Dan Simpkins, CEO, Hillcrest Labs
InterDigital, Inc. designs and develops advanced technologies that enable and enhance mobile communications and capabilities. Since its founding in 1972, InterDigital engineers have designed and developed a wide range of innovations that are used in digital cellular and wireless products and networks, including 2G, 3G, 4G and IEEE 802-related products and networks.
For over four decades, InterDigital has been a pioneer in mobile technology and a key contributor to global wireless standards. Their team of approximately 160 engineers – approximately 80 percent of whom hold advanced degrees, including over 50 PhDs – has unparalleled expertise in major mobile connectivity and content delivery technologies. Since 2000, InterDigital has spent over $1 billion on technology research and development.
MarketLink is a unique and powerful program that provides the opportunity for companies to initiate and develop strategic relationships with leading multi-national corporations. Through a series of business and social meetings, selected companies are introduced to top level executives from multi-national corporations focusing on new products and technologies, all at NO COST to the applicant. MarketLink is able to attract the highest caliber multi-national partners thanks to the dedicated efforts and the extensive network of an influential committee of current and former telecom and high tech executives. For our multi-national partners, MarketLink is a highly efficient and effective vehicle to connect to quality companies developing the latest technology and products. Register and apply now for our upcoming events to capitalize on these extraordinary opportunities. For more information click here