Nokia is a global leader in mobile communications whose products have become an integral part of the lives of people around the world. Every day, more than 1.3 billion people use their Nokia to capture and share experiences, access information, find their way or simply to speak to one another. Nokia’s technological and design innovations have made its brand one of the most recognized in the world
At Microsoft, we’re motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what’s most important to them.
We are committed long term to the mission of helping our customers realize their full potential. Just as we constantly update and improve our products, we want to continually evolve our company to be in the best position to accelerate new technologies as they emerge and to better serve our customers.
Areas of Interest:
- Next Generation network Services – What new can be done with LTE+Wi-Fi?
- Speed, indoor performance, low latency
- Mobility & seamless handover solutions, Wi-Fi offloading in commercial or home venues
- Social networking, gaming, infotainment, etc.
- Not limited by anything i.e. include new form factors, tablets, smartphones, whatever.
- Social networking 3.0 – How to make it more relevant more personal and more natural to use?
- Semantic search
- Personalized search & discovery
- Location awareness, global reach, tools for making small business on top of it, etc.
- Self-publishing, Broadcasting, private and secure Social Networks (families, groups)
- Power management technologies
- Breakthrough in Charging and storing energy, apps management, system operations or all of them
- Energy harvesting
- Reliving experiences – new and exciting ways to create, show, share and store multimedia
- Ways of improving the capture of images/video/audio meta data, augmented, pre/post-processing
- Innovations on way of capturing the memories, not only in personal context but also professional
- Content management across multiple devices and cloud; search, store, share, edit, transferring created/bought content into mobile device, three screen services, content synchronization, media-caching (network data usage optimizations)
- Audio enhancements – speakers for smart devices, algorithms, noise cancellation etc.
- Ease of use, and visual quality critical
- Multisensor capture
- Breakthrough Tablet services
- For new vertical markets, new consumer classes, etc.
- Include but not limit to Smartphone, tablet seamless co-operation
- Location, Commerce and Retail
- Hyper-location & Analytics, Social, Context, Proximity Offers, Payments
- NFC apps & service, Security/privacy solutions, local and global
- Biometric authentication, facial recognition & tracking, pattern analysis, etc.
- User interfaces for Gaming and Apps
- Gestural UI, augmented, multimodality, 3D, etc.
- Mobile Health, Wellness & Fitness, Playfulness
Dr. Mark Ollila: Mark is heading up the Portfolio Ecosystem and Technology team within Smart Devices business unit where he is leading the long-term roadmap and technology frame development activities and also planning with Microsoft.
Samuli Hanninen: Samuli heads up Product Strategy at Smart Devices business unit. In his role, he is responsible for product strategy and differentiation to ensure Nokia Smart Devices deliver the winning smartphone experience.
Hans Peter Brondmo: Hans Peter is currently head of the innovation office in Nokia’s Location and Commerce business unit where he is leading the incubation of new imaging, social and location based products and web services.
Arto Nummela: Arto Nummela is Vice President of Nokia’s Smart Devices Americas Business Unit. He is responsible for Nokia’s portfolio and business within North and South America.
Chris Morrissey, Director, Nokia Product Planning – Windows Phone; Chris is responsible for the Windows Phone and Nokia relationship for forward looking planning and innovation.
Vijay Vishwanathan; Windows Phone Product Planning; Vijay is responsible for looking industry-wide for disruptive innovations for mobile.
Pete Bernard, Sr. Director, Windows Phone Product Planning; Pete is responsible for all-up service, client, and developer product planning for Windows Phone and interfaces with Windows Planning