Cisco Welcomes Six Early-Stage Companies into Entrepreneurs in Residence Program to Co-Develop Internet of Everything Solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif., January 22, 2015 – Cisco® today unveiled the newest cohort of startups to join Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR), an incubation program supporting early-stage business-to-business companies. The incoming cohort will collaborate with Cisco and its global partner ecosystem to build Internet of Everything, Big Data/Analytics and Smart City solutions.
Cohort companies take part in a six-month program of events, mentoring and collaboration geared towards bringing ideas to reality. Entrepreneurs selected to participate receive support from and introductions to business groups within Cisco, access to co-working space, and mentoring from industry experts. Program events feature opportunities to present products and ideas to investors and partners, as well.
Four of the new cohort will join the Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence in Silicon Valley:
- Measurence (www.measurence.com), based out of New York, provides a mobile analytics and intelligence platform for retailers and other businesses.
- ParStream (www.parstream.com), located in California and Germany, offers a complete analytics platform built for large-scale Internet of Things (IoT) solutions utilizing massively parallel processing technologies.
- PLAT.ONE (www.platone.co), from Italy, delivers a “cloud-ready” end-to-end IoT and machine-to-machine application platform.
- Preferred Networks (preferred-networks.jp) of Japan adds intelligence to the Internet of Everything by applying machine learning and Big Data technologies to devices and networks.
Two additional startups are joining Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence as part of joint-incubation programs launched with regional partners.
- Embedor Technologies (embedortech.com), a startup spun out of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Research Park, develops wireless smart sensor technologies for the structural health monitoring of civil infrastructure. Embedor is the first startup selected for CiscoEIR@CIE, a joint-incubation program launched in partnership with Chicago Innovation Exchange (cie.uchicago.edu), the University of Chicago’s new center for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Koriist (www.koriist.com), based in San Diego, California, “stitches” together legacy and smart digital infrastructure, enabling faster and smoother deployment of Smart City solutions. Koriist is the first startup selected for CiscoEIR@EvoNexus, a joint incubation program launched in partnership with EvoNexus (www.evonexus.org), a premier startup incubator located in San Diego.
Mala Anand, senior vice president, Cisco Services Platforms Group; executive sponsor of Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence
“We launched Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence to extend open innovation efforts at Cisco. The program plays an especially important role in Cisco’s strategic push to catalyze the Internet of Everything market and provides an opportunity for Cisco to identify disruptive technologies early while forging strategic relationships with high-potential startups.”
Tom Yoritaka, managing director of Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence
“Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence has given us a stronger presence in the early-stage startup community. We heard from many early-stage startups that accelerating their product development and growing their business can be difficult. They were eager to forge partnerships with Cisco. Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence opens new opportunities for startups and Cisco.”
Prakash Baskaran, CEO of Pawaa Software, Inc. – Spring 2014 Cohort Entrepreneur
“Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence allowed us to closely collaborate with Cisco teams in a way that would have been impossible as an early-stage company. Pawaa provides an innovative technology platform that persistently secures and encrypts files and documents across the enterprise, on mobile devices and in the cloud. Working with Cisco has helped us refine our go-to-market strategy and identify enterprise security opportunities.”
Eugene Mazo, CEO of DGLogik, Inc. – Spring 2014 Cohort Entrepreneur
“Being part of Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence accelerated DGLogik’s ability to provide innovative solutions that enable, manage and visualize the Internet of Everything in multiple sectors on a global scale. The program enabled us to work with engineering and business experts at Cisco and its partners as well as providing business development and networking opportunities with key players in the Silicon Valley technology ecosystem, including venture capital investors, potential partners and other entrepreneurs.”
About Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence
Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence serves as a catalyst for startups innovating in technology areas that have the potential to disrupt and transform the information technology industry. Startups are selected through a rigorous multi-phase selection process that evaluates the viability of their business plans, the strength of their teams and their alignment with Cisco’s strategic focus. Five to 10 companies enter the program as part of each cohort lasting six months. Companies admitted into Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence receive support and introductions to venture investors within Cisco, access to co-working space as well as basic software tools and a potential opportunity to partner with Cisco for joint development or go-to-market opportunities.
More information about Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence and the startups in program can be found athttp://eir.cisco.com.
Tags / keywords: Cisco, Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence, startups, innovation, Internet of Things, IoT, Internet of Everything, IoE, cloud, big data, analytics, enterprise, Measurence, ParStream, PLAT.ONE, Preferred Networks, Embedor, Koriist, Crowdx, DGLogik, Nuviso, Pawaa, PetaSecure, SecureWaters
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.