APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
Please see the other CommNexus MarketLink opportunities available.
MarketLink a.k.a. High-Tech Speed Dating:
CommNexus San Diego would like to invite you to apply to meet with HTC through MarketLink™. Marketlink is a FREE program that pairs companies with multinational corporations hoping to identify and license new technologies. MarketLink brings parties of mutual interest together by orchestrating an event that will offer selected companies the opportunity to present to technology executives from visiting corporations in a personalized 1-on-1 session. <more>
Who HTC is:
HTC Corp, (TAIEX: 2498) produces powerful handsets that continually push the boundaries of innovation to provide true mobile freedom.Founded in 1997 by Cher Wang, Chairwoman, HT Cho, Director of the Board & Chairman of HTC Foundation, and Peter Chou, President and CEO, HTC made its name as the company behind many of the most popular operator-branded devices on the market. It has established unique partnerships with key mobile brands, including the leading five operators in Europe, the top four in the US, and many fast-growing Asian operators. It has also brought products to market with industry leading OEM partners and, since June 2006, under its own HTC brand.HTC is one of the fastest-growing companies in the mobile sector and has achieved remarkable recognition over the past couple of years. Business Week ranked HTC as the second best performing technology company in Asia in 2007 as well as giving the company the number 3 spot in its Global listing in 2006.
Since launching its own brand 18 months ago the company has introduced dozens of HTC-branded products around the world. more>>
What HTC is Looking For:
Technology of interest:
Baseband — Innovative technologies that can dramatically shrink the size and cost of converged computing devices, especially in radio baseband and transceiver architectures.Antennas — Innovative technologies that can help address the multi-antenna challenges faced today. This can include innovative new structures or closed-loop tuning strategies to improve the transmit and receive antenna efficiency and performance, while hopefully reducing the volume requirements.Display and Touch — Novel solutions that are able to improve on the thickness, performance and/or cost of today’s touch and display solutions. Additionally, any technology that can reduce display illumination power (mW/cm2) while maintaining quality is very important. Flexible displays that can extend to 10 inches are also desirable.
User Experience/MMI — technologies which overcome the inherent limitations of the MMI in a phone size form factor. Innovative audio/video/sensory input technologies such as gesture control, context/situational awareness and output technologies or methodologies are all of high interest.
Centering the Phone — Technologies that are able to put the phone ‘front and center’ in many scenarios remains important. This includes:
- Sensor data aggregation – hardware and software that allow the phone to aggregate data through a collection of sensors (medical);
- Entertainment hub – integrated solutions that allow the phone to serve as an entertainment hub (gaming, movies) with low latency, low bandwidth, and high quality (HD) wireless video transmission;
- Control – solutions that allow the phone to control surroundings through seamless interaction with other devices are all important.
Memory — Technologies that are able to improve real-world write performance, and also cost-per-bit while trading off certain attributes such as write-cycle duration are important.
Battery — Innovative solutions that can improve the volumetric efficiency of cells while also improving overall cell safety remain very important.
2D/3D Image and Video capture — Applications and software technology that make use 2 cameras in innovative ways and improve overall image quality of picture and video.
Group sharing and collaboration — Applications and services that close the gaps in relationships and productivity created by our highly mobile lives.
Social and Location based applications and services.
Green — HTC remains committed to reducing the impact of technology and thus innovative solutions that can improve the recyclability of products is desired.
The HTC team attending:
Chief Technologist , HTC Past experience
• Director at Microsoft
• SW/RF/Logic Engineer at Motorola
VP of Portfolio Strategy, Software Planning & Management, HTC
• Head of Software Product Management at Sony Ericsson
• Head of Customer Portfolio Management at Sony Ericsson
• Head of Customer Portfolio Management – GCO & Western Europe at Sony Ericsson
• Head of Global Product Management – North America at Sony Ericsson
• Head of Global Product Management – Cingular at Sony Ericsson
VP of Global Product Planning, HTC
• General Manager, Head of Proposition Planning at Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
• Director, Head of Product Planning and Management at Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
• Senior Manager, Product and Application Planning at Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
• Manager, Product Marketing, WCDMA Project at Motorola Japan Ltd.
• Product Marketing, NTT DoCoMo, Personal Communication Sector at Motorola Japan Ltd.
VP of Product Management, HTC Americas
• SVP Design and Technology at Flextronics
• Vice President Mobile Communications Technology at Flextronics
• Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors at EvoNexus, the Free Incubator
• Member of the Board of Directors at Step Labs
• Vice President of Product Management and Engineering at Siemens Com LLC
• Operation Management Mobile Phones at Siemens AG
• Executive project manager to the Group Presidents Rudi Lamprecht/ Dr. Dietrich Botsch at Siemens AG
• Business Development and Strategy at Siemens
AVP of System Architecture, HTCPast Experience
• Sr. Director and Chief Architect, HTC System Architecture
• Project Manager, HTC Engineering Project Management for Smartphone products
• Technical Manager, DEC PC Server Logic Design
• Manager, SysLogic ASIC design house for PC chipset design and architecture
Director of Software Architecture, HTC
• Software Development Manager, HTC Engineering for Smartphone products
Director of Product Planning, HTC Americas
• Director Product Management at HTC
• Director of Product Management at Charter Communications
• Senior Manager – Product Development at T-Mobile
Director of Technology Management, HTC Americas
• Senior Manager & Lead Member of Technical Staff at AT&T
• Co-founder & Director of Software Development at NextComm
• Principal Member of Technical Team at AT&T Wireless
• Senior Member of Technical Staff – AT&T Bell Labs at AT&T
Executive Project Manager, HTC
• COO, CommNexus Project Coordinator
• California Institute for Telecommunications & IT (calit2) QA Intern
• Qualcomm CDMA Technologies division
3580 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92130
Applications Close Sunday, May 22nd at 11:59 PM